It is catered for small children from very small to 15 years old, even though there were still some rides I wouldn't go on, but then I put my hands up I am a wimp now when it comes to rides, it didn't stop me from enjoying the day and the fact that it cost me nothing as I have a pass that allows me in for free made it even better.
They had this pretty garden as you go down to the other parts of the land which were all famous attractions made out of Lego.
There is a mini games land where you can play Xbox games, tea cups for children, a Waterpark and an adventure playground with climbing frames and one that was recommended to me by a huge Star Wars fan, The Mini Star Wars World. Very impressive all made out of Lego.
We were given as we collected our tickets a vouchers which gave £5 off a family bucket at the fried chicken restaurant on site, so even my son whom is 2.9 years old could have some of it aswell which he thoroughly enjoyed. There were just so much.
It is miles from when it was a mixture of a zoo and an adventure park, and yes it can be expensive but my tips would be,
- To book early they often do deals if you book way in advance and if you live quite away then you can stay at the LEGOLAND Hotel too
- Take some snacks, if you do continue to purchase items there onsite it can add up so if you don't want to take a pack lunch which many did, then take snacks so you have something until the kids and you get proper hungry. Then if you are given a voucher when collecting your tickets for one of the restaurants then take advantage
- Take some swimming gear, a towel and a change of clothing should you want to check out the Splash Safari where they have water falling down, and you do get wet. If it is a hot day remember sunscreen.
- When buying merchandise. Keep a budget and set a limit of one item each. I do think some items are very expensive so I will always wait until they are on a ride with another adult and I will go into the store to buy gifts rather than them choosing and then the children have something to remember of that day.
- If you are a big kid yourself and love the merchandise then write what item you wish to buy to remember the day aswell
All in all I am so glad I finally went to LEGOLAND and I would definitely go there again, perfect for young children and families.
Many thanks for reading,