"A mad mad rush"
That is an understatement with the weekend just gone. I couldn't believe that both days I got up late to be out of the house in 10 to 15 minutes.
That is never usually me.
DO I REGRET IT?
NO, I don't in fact I was so grateful that I actually got some decent sleep this weekend, which is not usually the case, knowing that my son can wake up at any minute and my alarm is set for 5:50am each morning, I am usually shattered.
I wanted to get some decent sleep so I forgot my alarm and slept until 7:15am.
Yes that was pushing it to get ready and leave for work, but I still got there on time and still did my full day of work.
So even though it meant not having my usual cup of tea in the morning before I go to work or putting on that much make up I felt like for once I had a good nights sleep.
I know there was a risk of me being late, but it taught me that,
I knew it would only take an hour to walk, and so even though I left at 7:35am both mornings I still got there by half past, I still got enough time to stamp in, set up for the day and have a cup of tea before briefing.
It also made me think.....why do I get up so early?
Even if I got up at 6:30am I know i will still be in work by 8:45am (our start time) and if I wanted to be out of the house to catch the bus to work then I know I could get out in time to catch that too.
I don't think I could risk getting up at 7:15am or 7;25am, each time I had to go to work, at the weekend, because I know at some point I would be late, but every now and again wouldn't hurt.
I function better when I sleep better, and when I don't sleep I do suffer with lack of concentration and by 12noon I am almost fulling asleep at my desk.
I do like to walk to work as it does help to wake me up, but with little energy from lack of sleep it can be really be difficult to even get out of bed.
> Prepare the night before
* Getting your lunch done and store in the fridge putting a sign on the door or side of your kettle to remember to pick it up and packing any snacks in your bag you want to take pre-work day.
* Have everything packed in your bags apart from your lunch the day before
* Bath or shower the night before and hair wash
* Have all your clothes out ready close by so you can throw them on, along with your make up, set out in order you put it on. Really helps save time.
* Put your socks in your shoes ready
* Put your footwear with your socks and bags near to the front door.
So now my weekend work is done it is time to begin another week of starting my work at home
HAVE A GOOD ONE PEEPS.
I will be back blogging on Friday.
Many thanks for reading,