Hi all, I hope you have all had a good week.
It has been a good week for me with my hubby being off part of this week. He returned to work yesterday and today.
I return to my part time job tomorrow. It is amazing how life just springs back to normality.
You have to go with it otherwise it is easy to be lost and left behind.
This will be my last Friday Feeling blog and I will still be blogging on a Friday but on my new page Everyday living and lifestyle Weekly Blog/Vlog page.
I am looking forward to the change. Sometimes when you begin to crave for something new it time to put some things into a keepsake box, trash or into "A come back again Later" file.
I have re-found an old obsession, playing the free Sims City game on my tablet. I am one of those who will be really into something and then get bored, go onto something else and come back to what I was into before.
I am also liking the new series of Our Girl, not too convinced by the the kidnap if you saw it too, and how she tried to escape I wouldn't think it would be that easy. However it is a TV drama, which I must remember and not real. I suppose the creators of the TV program have to differentiate the reality to it being for entertainment purposes. I still like the series and it is gripping.
I am craving for Strictly come Dancing to return in full swing, I so looking forward to seeing Judge Rinder strut his stuff, plus others. I am so excited because my friend is working on the program. So it is double special this year.
Yesterday I saw the trailer for The Apprentice new series. Looking forward to seeing what the tasks are this year. There is always one contestant who instantly irritates me. I haven't seen the line up yet, but going to wait until the series begins.
As for The Great British Bake Off, which I feel I have to mention as I am a big fan. Why change it when it didn't need to be?
I think it's gone to Channel 4 because they have gone more educational and factual, as I do watch many of their factual programs such as the Gok Wan programs and Secret Eaters. So it may be because they want a good cooking and baking show. ITV have tried their own version, but they didn't quite work.
The Music I am loving at the moment is the Kings Of Leon's song called, Waste A Moment. It is my song for this year. I LOVE IT.
I would love to go and see them live.
So I am going to round up the blog here, and wish you all a great weekend.
I have my first Weekly Vlog up on YouTube, I just added the audio to the video this morning so once published I will post and add to my site for you to watch.
Many thanks for reading,
Hi all I hope you all had a good week. It was an emotional one for us this week, saying farewell to someone close to us. Mark Challoner, one of my husband's brothers. However he will never be forgotten ever and we are going to make sure our son always remembers his Uncle Bluto, as there was a bond there that I have never seen between a toddler and an Uncle.
Thank you so much Blutes, for what you bought into our lives, for making me feel welcome into your home and life, I am so going to miss you, just wished I had known you for a lot longer.
I am not going to put rest in peace because I don't feel that it is appropriate for the type of person Mark is. He is an adventurer and enjoyed doing so many things and I know he will watch over Henry, my husband and the rest of the family. I hope that whatever pain he may have felt has gone and that he is a free spirit now who is always going to be in our hearts, until we meet again some day.
I put this little tribute together of so many great time spent together with The Blutes (Mark) and so happy that I got to know Mark for the great, fantastic guy he is and what he bought into our lives. His laugh and smile is so memorable that it is going to be hard to think I am never going to see his beaming smile again.
It is also my husband and I's 10 year wedding anniversary today. He let me sleep in today and cooked a lovely breakfast.
Happy Anniversary my love and more great years to come.
Below is a song by George Benson, Never Gonna Change My Love for you.
This was one of the songs played on Tuesday at Bluto's funeral and really sums up how I feel about everyone in my life right now.
Many thanks for reading,
One day to go before I take on the 25KM Thames Path Challenge walk and I am really looking forward to it.
It is walking from Putney to Hampton Court, I am raising money for Help for heroes and my mum is walking in honour to raise money for The British Heart Foundation.
See Fundraising details on my Home page.
I have all my gear ready see picture below, and if you are also doing a walk for charity this year, or thinking about taking part in a walking fundraising challenge then here are my tips for getting started:
1. Never jump before you can walk. Start adding more walking into your daily lifestyle, so if you don't live that far from work for example then walk it. Just set up a map on your phone or carry a little map with you.
2. Work your way up. Build up to walking 5KM, to 10KM, to a half marathon and then onto the bigger challenges, even if you have already booked a walking challenge, work up to the event, by taking on those distances first mentioned above to help you prepare for the event.
3.What ever shoes you have used, apart from stilettos, not advised, for walking and are comfortable to wear then wear them for a walking challenge. That's unless they have become worn, then change them but remember to practice walking long distances in them, slowly working your up to the bigger distances. Not advised to do a 5KM on first day worn.
4. Prepare for all weathers. Living in the UK it is hard to tell even checking the weather forecast before hand how the weather is going to be. Prepare for all. Take a waterproof jacket or a fleece, sunscreen, winter event then remember thermals and avoid any clothing that can cause chafing. You will be walking so your body temperature will increase, so you may not need full coverage whilst walking but once the event is completed you will need to prepare for when your body cools down.
5. Book an event that you have plenty of time to prepare and train for. There is no point booking a 10KM walk for next week, when you find it hard to walk 10 minutes down to the shop and back. So book an event you know you can spare the time to train for, and do a training schedule. Download this templates I have prepared below for you or use it as an example and guide to create your own.
The first schedule I have created using an existing word document, is for one month at a time, which is a great way to break down the training.
The Second is a schedule for when you have a month, a few weeks and days to go.
6. Set up a training folder on your computer and in physical form, so you have all the details of the event you are taking part in and your training schedule. Great way of keeping everything together and to take with you for the day of the event.
7. Check your emails or mail, as the charity or event you book to do will send you information leading up to the challenge, right up to the week or days before. It is important you know if you have to register before the event and at what time. They will also give you details of when the event will start and from where.
8. As well as a schedule keep a training journal for each training and walking session you do, great way to keep track of your progress, how you coped in different weathers and if you have any fears.
9. Technique: Back straight, never slouched and let you feet and legs take control, so your mind can wonder, and your eyes can keep track of where to go.
10. Prepare for Travel issues. If you have to travel to the event, plan your route ahead on how you will get there and if there are disruptions on the roads or transport.
I have Published another What's in my bag video, see link for new video:
I have been sticking to my new Diet change see my blog I wrote on my Monday Check in Page. I wrote about giving up normal milk and having Hot water and honey at the start of each morning and my herbals teas, and I have been sticking with that. I am lovely #fennelteabags which are the Twinings brand. They have no caffeine in them at all, and I think I am going to have to avoid any caffeine drinks altogether.
I did try to have a black Earl Grey Teabag that contained Caffeine and got a stomach ache again. As soon as I drink hot water and honey or my herbal teas, or decaffeinated tea or coffee with Soya milk I feel fine.
When training for an event the same as diet changing, you do have to listen to your body.
So I am ready to take the challenge on and start my weekend with a buzz.
Have a good weekend everyone and see next week.
Many thanks for reading,
Hey all, happy Friday. Sorry for not posting a blog at the beginning of the week, my little dude, Henry had an ear infection and so wanted to focus on getting him better, which he is.
It was a good bank holiday nevertheless and we just went for a coffee and chilled. We went out on Saturday, Elv and I but was cut short due to Henry not being well, but it was still a good morning and afternoon.
We went to Hyde Park had a picnic, a drink by the Serpentine and then a look around some shops, then train back to my mums to have dinner there. Then we went on home.
I have published my next Charity shop challenge video see link:
I will add this to my Charity Shop challenge page once I have posted my Friday blog.
Below is a photo from our weekend in Hyde Park taken when we had a drink in the little bar and restaurant place there.
I have also been doing some free online study there is a brilliant website called
Brilliant if you are wanting to learn how to create a blog yourself on Wordpress which is one web host I use, aswell as Weebly.com. Here you can learn how to do web design, so creating a website from scratch and not have to pay a penny.
I have been doing some training hours, always good to enhance your knowledge.
I am now also going to do weekly vlogs again, up until Christmas. So first one has been filmed and will be uploading this first one shortly.
Today I filmed another Haul video of the items I bought over the bank holiday gone, and I am going to be starting my Autumn clear up again. Boy oh boy, gone so fast.
I also am going to add some new images to my gallery page too, so having still bits to do I am going to get on and do them.
So keep reading and I will keep posting. Have a good weekend and I will post again next week.
Many thanks for reading,